Kuwait’s municipality has decided to stop all paper correspondence in favour of online work in an effort to support precautionary measures to combat the spread of the new coronavirus, an official has said.
Rafael Nadal married his childhood sweetheart of 14 years, Xisca Perello, at a castle in Mallorca on Saturday. Nadal,…4 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online
“All paper correspondences and forms of dealing in them have been prohibited inside all sectors of the municipality, units and branches in governorates except the texts of official documents and blueprints,” Ahmed Al Manfouhi, Director-General of the Municpality, said, according to the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA.
He added that an electronic correspondence system inside the municipality and its affiliates has been finalised for operation. “The municipality has been linked to governmental bodies to exchange correspondences electronically,” he added.
Earlier this week, Kuwait shifted to a shorter 10-hour curfew replacing a 6pm-6am curfew that was enforced for the past three weeks, as the country is gradually returning to normal life amid strict precautions against COVID-19.
Kuwait so far has confirmed a total of 41,879 coronavirus infection cases, including 337 related deaths.
Against the backdrop of the unprecedented conditions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, Boursa Kuwait saw a net profit…130 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online