The Iranian Ambassador to Kuwait Mohammad Irani has expressed his satisfaction and optimism about the future of his country’s relations with the countries of the region, after the recent statements issued by officials in Saudi Arabia, revealing that his country looks forward to ‘Kuwaiti mediation in the near future to reunite the countries of the region.’
as it is accepted by all countries because of its policy of always advocating peace, noting that the ‘last week was the quietest in his country’s relations with the countries of the region in all fields.’
The sources asserted Kuwait views with satisfaction and optimism the prevailing atmosphere and statements issued during the past week, and support the position adopted by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which has always stressed the need for dialogue and political solutions.
The sources concluded saying Kuwait ‘will not delay in playing any positive role in the interest of security and stability in the region, in full cooperation and coordination with the sisterly countries in the Gulf Cooperation Council.’
Meanwhile, China’s state oil company has pulled out of a $5 billion deal to develop a portion of Iran’s massive offshore natural gas field, the Islamic Republic’s oil minister said Sunday, an agreement from which France’s Total SA earlier withdrew over US sanctions.
The South Pars field deal, struck in the wake of Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, appears to be just the latest business casualty of America’s pressure campaign on Tehran following US President Donald Trump‘s unilateral withdrawal of the US from the deal.
It also comes as China and the US engage in their own trade war, as Beijing and Washington levy billions of dollars of tariffs on each other’s goods.
Oil Minister Bijan Zangeneh, quoted by the ministry’s SHANA news agency, said Sunday that the China National Petroleum Corp was ‘no longer in the project.’ He did not elaborate or give any reason for the withdrawal, though SHANA said the company ‘had pulled out of a contract’ to develop the field.
Officials in Beijing didn’t immediately acknowledge their decision. Phone calls to the CNPC rang unanswered on Sunday and its website bore no mention of the withdrawal
Millennium Hotel and Convention Centre Kuwait, a five-star luxury hotel located at the heart of Kuwait city, hosted the grand…758 Views | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online
Do you have information you want to reach our readers?
Kuwait Events and Events News