Kuwait on Friday reported two more COVID-19 death cases and 134 new cases, bringing the total number of confirmed infections to 1,658 and total death cases to 5, the health ministry said in a statement.
Rafael Nadal married his childhood sweetheart of 14 years, Xisca Perello, at a castle in Mallorca on Saturday. Nadal,…4326 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online
Among the new cases are three Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain, Iran and Saudi Arabia, the statement said, adding 126 have a history of contact with infected patients.
The cause of the infection for the other five is still under investigation, it noted.
The two death cases are related to a 58-year-old Kuwaiti citizen and a 69-year-old Iranian resident, it said, adding that both were in the ICU.
So far, 1,395 patients are receiving treatment, including 32 in ICU, according to the statement.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 33 patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 258.
On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19.
The Kuwaiti government has imposed a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also closed stores, malls and barbershops.
Against the backdrop of the unprecedented conditions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, Boursa Kuwait saw a net profit…1041 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online