Sunday, 5 April , 2020     |     640      |      +      |     

Kuwait reports 1st death from COVID-19

Kuwait reports 1st death from COVID-19 : Google
  • Government

Kuwait reported on Saturday the first death case of COVID-19 and 62 new cases, bringing the total number in the country to 479, the health ministry said in a statement.

Among the new cases, there are 33 Indian residents and four Egyptian residents who have history of contacts with infected patients, according to the ministry’s statement.


Another 25 cases are still under investigation, the statement said.

So far, 385 patients are still receiving treatment, including 17 in ICU, it noted.

Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 11 more patients from the coronavirus, raising the number of the cured in the country to 93.

The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.

Kuwait Today Business Subscription

Keywords:
Category: #Government | 2020/04/05 latest update at 4:00 PM
Source : Xinhua | Photocredit : Google
641
Comments Add comment

Latest Comments


  
  LinkedIn Gulf Media

Sponsored Publications


Related Articles

The editorial staff of Kuwait Media would like to give all of its readers from Gulf and Kuwait and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Kuwait Today with a short text.

Do you have information you want to reach our readers?

Send article/s

You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter and Google pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Kuwait, the Gulf and the world.


Latest searches in Kuwait Today