Kuwait reported on Thursday 25 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number in the country to 342, the Health Ministry said in a statement.
Among the six new cases are five Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain and France and one Philippine resident who returned from France, according to the ministry statement.
Rafael Nadal married his childhood sweetheart of 14 years, Xisca Perello, at a castle in Mallorca on Saturday. Nadal,…4 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online
Nine cases have a history of contact with infected patients, and 10 are under investigation, the statement said.
So far, 261 patients are still receiving treatment, including 15 in ICU, it noted.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of one more patient from the coronavirus, raising the number of the cured in the country to 81.
The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.
Against the backdrop of the unprecedented conditions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, Boursa Kuwait saw a net profit…130 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online