Kuwait reported Monday the second death from COVID-19 and 66 new cases, bringing the country’s confirmed infections to 1,300, the Health Ministry said in a statement.
Rafael Nadal married his childhood sweetheart of 14 years, Xisca Perello, at a castle in Mallorca on Saturday. Nadal,…6 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online
Among the new cases are four Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain and Germany, the statement said, adding that 51 cases have a history of contact with infected patients.
The cause of the infection for the other 11 cases is still under investigation, it noted.
In addition, the ministry reported the second death case, a 50-year old male who was in the ICU.
So far, 1,148 patients are receiving treatment, including 26 in ICU, the statement added.
Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of eight patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 150.
On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19.
The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.
Against the backdrop of the unprecedented conditions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, Boursa Kuwait saw a net profit…2 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online