Kuwait Monday announced 66 new cases of the novel coronavirus, taking the country’s overall infections to 1,300.
A 50-year-old Kuwaiti man, who was in intensive care unit, also died of COVID-19, raising to two such fatalities in the country, spokesman for the Health Ministry Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media briefing.
Rafael Nadal married his childhood sweetheart of 14 years, Xisca Perello, at a castle in Mallorca on Saturday. Nadal,…2 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online
The latest 66 cases include four linked to travel, and 51 others who were in contact with previously infected people, Dr Al Sanad added. The 11 other cases are being investigated, he added.
The tally includes 26 in intensive care units, nine of them in critical condition, he said.
The official added that 746 people have ended institutional isolation after tests showed they were free of the virus. They will undergo mandatory 14-day home isolation after leaving the quarantine, according to Dr Al Sanad.
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah, meanwhile, said that eight more patients have recovered from the ailment, bringing to 150 the overall recoveries in the country.
The latest recovered patients are eight Kuwaitis, the minister told the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA.
Against the backdrop of the unprecedented conditions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, Boursa Kuwait saw a net profit…28 | the publication reaches you by | Kuwait Online